What is Wipolo?
Wipolo is a free online and mobile service for organizing travel itineraries and discovering new destinations thanks to your friends. Easily locate your itineraries, reservations, and the address of your favorite hotel.
Discover the destinations visited by your friends, their itineraries and their photos. Together, share and exchange your travel plans. Wipolo is 100% compatible with the different types of travel (train, flight, car, carpool or by foot).
You have Facebook for your social life, and now you have Wipolo for your traveler life!
- 1998: Engineers passionate about traveling considered an idea that would simplify the life of a traveler. They sent a proposal to American Express, but it was still too early...
- 2008: With online travel largely developed and smartphones gathering popularity, travelers were ready to take on an innovative service: Wipolo was born.
- 2009: The first version of Wipolo was created. Travelers would now be able to connect to their travel information on their iPhones.
- May 2010: Wipolo became available on the web. Travelers would also be able to connect to their travels on www.wipolo.com
- Early 2012: The integration of Wipolo and Facebook allows users to connect their travels and share travel stories with friends and family.
If you're an ambitious investor who wishes to work on a major global project at forefront of innovation (mobile, social networks, cloud computing) we would be happy to meet you. Want to revolutionize the largest online market with a team of passionate and talented travel enthusiasts?
Why « Wipolo » ?
The name "Wipolo" has 3 origins: Marco Polo, the great Italian explorer of the 13th century. Wikipedia, for its reference to free and universal knowledge, and WIFI for its constant reminder of our mobile and connected world. If Marco Polo lived in the 21st century, he would be called Wipolo. ;)